XXII International Judo Tournament “Villa de Avilés”
The international judo tournament ‘Villa de Avilés’ returns to the city for its 22nd edition.
Avilés will once again be the center of Spanish judo on October 28 and 29 with the XXII International Judo Tournament Villa de Avilés, which will feature a historical record of 1800 judokas from different autonomous communities and countries such as Moldova, Italy, Portugal, France, and Andorra.
The main novelty of this edition is the live broadcast on YouTube, marking the first time that an audiovisual broadcast of the tournament will be carried out in its 22 editions. In addition, registrations have sold out in record time, demonstrating the great interest and health of judo in the region.
All information related to the event can be found on the Judo Avilés website.
Schedule of the events
The event schedule is as follows:
Friday, October 27
- 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM: Unofficial weigh-in for sub-21 and sub-18
- 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM: Official weigh-in and accreditation for sub-21 and sub-18 (only weigh-in day)
- 9:30 PM: Draws
Saturday, October 29
- 9:00 AM: Eliminations and repechages for Cadet (sub-18) male and female categories
- 4:00 PM: Cadet award ceremony
- 4:45 PM: Eliminations and repechages for Junior (sub-21) male and female categories
- 7:00 PM: Junior award ceremony
Sunday, October 30
- 9:00 AM: Start of competition for Infantil (sub-15) male and female categories
- 2:00 PM: Infantil award ceremony
- 2:30 PM: Competition for Alevín (sub-13) categories by teams
- 4:30 PM: Alevín award ceremony
How to get to Avilés
Located on the shores of the Cantabrian Sea, Aviles is the third most important city in Asturias. Easily accessible by car or train, it is the closest city to the airport of Asturias, which can be reached in less than half an hour.
The tournament will be held at the Avilés Sports Complex. Polideportivo El Quirinal, Fuero de Avilés Street.
Where to stay in Avilés
You can find a list of places to stay for the days of the competition here